Woah. OUCH.

I have a MAJOR headache -- no not from drinking too much last night but from getting carried away. Literally from thrashing around as I was being carried down a narrow hallway on a guy's shoulder. It was fun, well until I tried to get up this morning and found the goose-egg on my forehead.

Happy birthday to Fluffy and CinCin from Dana, Nova, Manda, Kyle, Bryan, Jen, Ry, Ron, Barbie and me.

Now I am sifting through the remains of last night's party and every half-full glass is like a little treasure box of happy memories.

Mmmmm, that chocolate cake turned out well... as I toss another fork in the sink.

That peppermint thing they made was really good... as I toss another glass in the sink.

I'm so happy they liked the stew and focaccia bread enough to finish it all and the salad Manda made was delicious... as I toss another bowl in the sink.

I'll have to pick up more vodka as soon as I get some more money... as I rinse and throw all the empty bottles in the recycling bin.

Oh look, Fluffy left his scarf... guess I'll have to bring it back to him after Council tomorrow night and see how his first day on the job went. And maybe a few other things!


Oh, for those who wanted to know, recipies:

Stew
6 lbs stewing beef, braised with two medium onions (diced) and a large clove of minced garlic
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 small turnip
3 medium potatoes
4 large carrots
1 anise
sea salt, fresh ground pepper, basil, dry mustard, thyme and a bay leaf
1 cup apricot nectar
simmer together a LONG time (until the meat falls apart when you touch it)

Chocolate Cake

Makes 1 - 9x13 inch pan
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready in: 50 Minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup hot, strong coffee

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla, mix until smooth. Stir in the hot coffee last. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Makes 24 servings

Coffee Butter Frosting
Makes 2 cups (Will frost one 9 x 13 inch cake)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Ready in: 10 Minutes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee

Directions:
In a small bowl, stir together the confectioners sugar and cocoa powder. In another bowl, beat the butter until creamy, gradually beat in the sugar mixture, being sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl, occasionally. Finally stir in the coffee, and beat until smooth.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 13, 11:55:00 p.m.  
Thanks for the recipies!!! I'll always know where to find them now. And you put us in your blog! Yay!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 13, 11:56:00 p.m.  
Oh, and ryan says thanks for the pomegranates. ^___^
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Nov 14, 03:20:00 a.m.  
I've been thinking all day what a rare thing a night like last is -- to be surrounded by friends, having a wonderful time together is one of life's great pleasures.

In other words, we had a blast!

*hugs*
I'm still all warm, glowy and relaxed from the weekend.

Or maybe I'm coming down with something.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun with you guys and am glad you came over.

I'm still thinking of questions for the next time we play the uncomfortable game.

§
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.