Birthday parties

It's the birthday time in our house again. Nova turns six later this week and Dana is 12 two weeks after that. My mom's birthday is about two weeks after that, followed by my dad's another two weeks later and mine three weeks after that.

Of course this means that I have to buy about 12 gifts in the next six weeks. I am open to side projects that pay well and demand little time. I am also expecting a bit of a lag in some bill payments.

This would be the pattern of my life... live from pay cheque to pay cheque and take three months to financially recover from events such as Christmas, birthday season, vacations and special occasions like weddings and funerals. Retirement... ROTFLMAO!!! I will rest and enjoy my retirement when I'm dead and I'm not quitting work before then.

The picture is of some hand made invitations Ami stayed up late to make.

Nova invited her friends, Abbi, Robbi-Lynn, Brittany and Keetan. She also invited her family - mom, Dana and Ami; as well as dad, Courtney, Sarah and Kyle and Auntie Pauline, cousins Wendal and Keenan. Nova also insisted on inviting her teacher, Mrs. Halverson.

"But sweetie, people don't usually invite their teachers to their birthday parties," I said to her.

"Maybe OTHER people don't invite their teachers but I do!" was her answer.

'Miss H.' has a invitation to Nova's birthday party at McDonald's Playland this weekend.

Happy Birthday, Nova! I think it's cool that she invited her teacher. Ky invited her teacher last year to a concert her dad's school put on - she not only showed up, she brought her whole family! Wishing the birthday girl (and mom) a safe and happy one. Shria: don't hog the "ball pit". But if you do hog the "ball pit" - take some good pics.
That would be one way for me to get some more balls. Not that I need any but you never know! LOL

Hey, were you guys fishing in the rain on Saturday? If so, did you catch anything? How goes the smoke wars?
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.