Nice guy tough spot

Do you ever meet someone you just want to tell things to? I mean things that have been bubbling around in the bottom of your soul for decades that are kept all corked and sealed for fear of some sort of emotional eruption and lava flow. Things like, "that man coming out of Riverview Centre right now raped me at gunpoint 22 years ago on February 19 in a house on Biggings Avenue."

Can I have a retractable sentence now? Nope, too late. I guess I just wanted to tell someone. I just wanted to be mad about it for a while and say this guy did something wrong. I'll be okay to let it all go away once more soon. I'll be okay enough until I see him walking down the street or through the mall or something, anyway. Then I'll be upset again for a while before I'm okay. Thus is the sightless roller coaster of my life.

I told the right guy though. He will be good with it and he will be there for me if I ever need him. He is a good guy in an uncomfortable spot who knows how to handle it just fine. I know this because he shared some deeply personal stuff about himself as well and we are on equal footing. I know I can trust him and that's a very big deal for me.

This whole trust thing is a tall order after trust I have given has been so deeply and injuriously betrayed so often. I think my judgment is improving.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jul 19, 10:25:00 p.m.  
Has he touched your perfect body with his mind?

Cohen aside, my dear, those of us who are privileged to know you and to consider you a friend would all be willing to help you with this or any problem if you bring it to us. It's what friends do.

I'm happy you have found someone you trust and with whom you feel comfortable sharing this-- a wee bit jealous it's not me, but that's just my Messiah complex kicking in.
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.