Black hole of fashion

Putting away laundry today I realized that, for about the past two weeks, I’ve worn only black. My very-dark burgundy pants and very-dark navy shirt were in the laundry too, but they only look something other than black in the full sunlight… something I haven’t seen much of in quite a while.

I’ve started looking over my shoulder for the ‘What Not to Wear’ secret shooter. Its not like anyone cares about what I wear, but I just get a little nervous about this whole fashion thing.

To be honest, there are two reasons I wear black so much.

The first reason being my weight problem. If wearing black doesn’t make me look slimmer, please DON’T tell me. The next step will be a home liposuction kit a al Hoover.

The second reason I wear black so much is that it’s a no-brainer. I have all my black clothes lined up at the front of my closet. When I fall out of bed after my solid 4 hours of sleep each morning, I just grab any shirt and any pair of pants. Black and black… oh, look how nice it matches! LOL

So I watch my beautiful daughters tear through life in vibrant, glowing colours from the black background.

Now, if only they would lay out stores for me. A black clothing store where the clothes are arranged by size would be nice. Something where I could just go in, grab any black shirt and pants off the rack and take them home would be nice. No need to try anything on, no need to look at the dreaded full-length mirror. Yes, that would be good.

There is only one problem I can see with my taste in clothes… my friendly white dog.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Nov 05, 11:20:00 p.m.  
That picture of you with your girls is gorgeous -- you're glowing!
Thank you, Manda!

We had a great day at Chippewa Falls this Thanksgiving weekend with our friend Nancy. A lot of the scenery pictures in earlier posts are from that day and taken by Dana.

btw, I hope you don't mind me linking to your blog. I'm quite enjoying it and thought others would, too.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 06, 06:25:00 p.m.  
I don't mind a bit! :)
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.