Can do

Okay, so I'm ugly. Does it really matter anyway?

I can do stuff and some people like me no matter what I look like.

Sunday night I had a full sit-down turkey with all the fixins dinner for 16 at my house and we ROCKED. My oh-so-cool friends made sushi (to die for), lettuce-less Greek salad, bread, ham and some sweet thing brought piles of chocolate stuff. Although I didn't get to try them, I heard the potatoes were awesome, too.

We emptied all the furniture from my living room (thanks Manda and CinCin) and set up some folding tables with scrounged lawn chairs and such.

The Solstice ritual was terrific and everyone hung around well into the evening afterward because they had too much fun to go home.

The ultimate best, though, was the gift exchange.

We played the gift game and I unloaded a crap-load of candle holders and homemade jams. In exchange I received the pen-ultimate... a real, totally cruelty-free (found on ground) eagle feather. It brought tears to my eyes that Brad would offer up such a special gift and trust it to find its way to where it should be and that Lyle would give it to me in the last trade.

Such love and generosity makes me feel deeply happy - no matter how ugly my body and face are. As a matter of fact, with this post I am putting a picture of me and the feather without photoshop corrections (other than the red eye). Now let's see how long I have the nerve to leave it there.

...Oh well. I couldn't look at it more than three times. Nice feather, though.

*big squishy-type hugs* It was an INCREDIBLE evening. And I hope you won't be offended if I continue to think you're gorgeous. You're entitled to your opinion of yourself, but I like my perception of you better. :)

Oh, and you're a great hostess, too. So there.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 20, 11:25:00 p.m.  
I'm with Amanda; you're one of the rocking-est rocking people EVAR. :P And damn pretty. ^__^

~Jen
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.