Know any good plastic surgeons who give credit?

The really nice general practitioner who brought my second child into the world through an emergency c-section (he was certified for emergency surgery) was kind enough to save our lives 11 years ago but, I being in full labour, made it quite a challenge to cut a straight line and was left in a bit of a mess.

For about a decade I've been trying to convince various doctors and my spouse that it should be tidied up. No such luck.

As far as the spouse was concerned, hockey tournaments were much more important than my self-image. He wanted the money I would have spent on plastic surgery (OHIP may cover some, but definitely not all) for his hockey and pool expenses, even though I earned as much money as him. Now that I am single, there is no spouse to stand in my way.

As far as the doctors are concerned, I'm old and should just accept my ugly body as it is. To fix this mess would be a waste of resources and there are many more important people in the world who actually need to look good.


I asked my doctor again, yesterday, if he would refer me to a plastic surgeon to fix the scars on my belly and get rid of these revolting aliens on my chest. For the third year in a row, he put me off.


On Monday, I'll be calling local plastic surgeons to see if I need a referral and if it costs anything for a consultation. Then I'll be saving my pennies from the raise I got at work to buy me a new body as soon as I can.

I mean,
why the hell not!? Why shouldn't I do something to be happy about the way I look!? I've dieted myself into a size five and anorexia years ago and still had huge ugly, saggy boobs. I couldn't even find a flat stomach under all this skin and fat at 120 lbs.

It's evident that diet and exercise alone aren't going to do the job. Joining a gym is out of the question. They cost even more than plastic surgery, if you want to actually talk to someone who knows what they are doing. Besides, there is no way I could suffer the humiliation of walking around a gym in a work out clothes. I need to hide myself away in a dark corner until I am fit to look at.

New plan: intesify the diet and exercise while saving money for plastic surgery. Focus on making my body what it should have been all these years like I would have focused on making a man happy if one had ever chosen to love me.

I just wish I could have done that in time for the trip to Mexico. That is going to be absolute living hell. It will be nice to see my parents and to watch my kids have fun with them, but that's where I'll be, hiding and watching. There is only one place I am more uncomfortable than a gym: the beach. As a matter of fact, as the day gets closer, I am desperately searching for excuses not to go.
Hey! As Cher would have said, "... If I want to put my tits on my back, it's nobody's business but my own. ..." If you want it done, tell your doctor he'd best come up with a reason not to refer you that can't be taken in a bad light (age discrimination?! WTF?!), or you may feel the need to level a complaint through whatever board of medicine we get to complain to. I know there is one, so yu should check it out Lois Lane. Threaten to write an article, Lois Lane - betcha Mclean's would snap that right up.

I fully intend to have the "Erase-a-Face" procedure done the very second I can afford it - even if I'm at the ass end of 90.
Uhhh... do me a favour and take that second "Lois Lane" out of there...? I gotta hire a proof-reader!
I wish we (your loyal fans and groupies) could convince you that you're gorgeous as is, but failing that, I'll happily whack anyone who stands between you and what you want. With Thor. 'Cause that'll hurt.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 18, 10:04:00 a.m.  
I bet I can guess the name of the doctor that is blowing you off. It's funny that alot of ppl don't have a family doc due to shortage, but when you do have one they ignore you. I've been there and it's not fun when a so-called professional won't listen.

Erishkegal is a little right about convincing you you are already gorgeous, but self-image plays a big part in how you feel. I can see her concern but, do what YOU want. Hell, if you want i'll come to Mexico with you and stand next to you. This way everyone will stare at me instead of you. Standing next to me at the beach will make you look good!
No fair, DoNKeY! Unless we can all go, that is. I'll be the one with the caftan under the beach umbrella, tequili in one hand, Dos Equis in the other.

Yes, §hria, you must go to Mexico, so that those of us left behind in the Cold, Frozen North may live vicariously through you.

Can I give you an assignment from HBP? (We could post the drunken videos! Don't drop your camera in the hot tub.)
So how am I supposed to wallow in self-pity if you guys keep making me laugh!?

I'm trying to get a video camera to take with me so I can get some footage down there. Likely it will be still shots but, yes, I will have photographic evidence of me on a beach. You know, pictures of my foot in the sand, my hand in the water... the rest of me will be invisible! LOL
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 18, 02:43:00 p.m.  
You could rent a camera from Donkey Digital Toys, but apparenty they have no equipment YET either.
I want photographic evidence of you drinking tequila whilst sitting on the lap of a dishwasher named Juan in a rough Mexican cantina. Now, that's MY Mexico!
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.