A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Tonight's insight: Cookies would have only made me more fat and even less attractive. If that's possible.

But, on the other hand, although I didn't get the unattainable chocolate chip cookie I've been dreaming about for over two years, I did get a little taste of some oatmeal raisin that was surprisingly good.

Above, you can see some of the good stuff from that cookie at 12 Musicians of Christmas in Loplop Lounge and Gallery last night.

There were, however, moments when thoughts of Michele drove into me like a dagger between the eyes but mostly things were nice, light and wholesome. Just what I needed and, in my present frame of mind, chocolate chip would have been too sweet, anyway.

Speaking of sweet, Catherine (the pretty guitar player) has given me a lovely project to keep me occupied for a day or two. It will be fun and may even score me a free dinner with some compassionate, intelligent and sweet company as well. That is sure to take my mind off other things for a much needed break.

For now, every time the phone rings, I jump out of my skin.

I've also decided to put the second pillow from my bed in the basement and close the door on it for ever -- or at least until I need it for the sofa. It isn't going back on my bed, anyway. There is one man and only one man that I want to be with and that will never happen, so, oh well - that's that. Done. No more chocolate chip cookies for me.

Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.