Wishes do come true

Well they do in dreams, anyway. Last night I slept like a rock and dreamed the most wonderful wish fulfillment dream ever.


I went to dinner with him then we went to some sort of a forum in a weird church that was set up like a lecture hall. The place was pretty full and there were not two seats together anywhere so he sat in the bleachers up on the side and I snagged a nice seat on the floor.


My cell phone rang as people were still coming in so I answered it.

The caller was a friend and former editor, Sandra. She was telling me about a great story she was really excited about and I was surprised that she would tell me about it since I could easily get the story up on my news site before she could print it in her paper. But she was really excited about it so I just enjoyed the story from her and left it at that. It was cool that she wanted to share with me.

Shortly after the speaker started I noticed my guy's seat was empty. After about half an hour it was still empty but I wasn't particularly worried about it. After about three hours I started to wonder where he went. Just before the last speaker wound up he was back in his seat.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what the speakers were talking about I just remember that it was very interesting.

My guy and I left in my car. He drove. It was a dark, winter night but warm and cozy in the car with him.

"Where did you go?" I asked him.

"I had to go out to the shop and do something, it took forever on the bus."

"You should have let me know, I would have driven you over there."

"Over half and hour each way and wait for me while I'm there, that's too much to ask."

"Not at all. I would love to spend an hour and a half trapped in a car with you any time," I said with a little laugh as I nudged his leg with my hand.

Before I could pull my hand away, he covered it with his, holding it gently on the seat between us.

"I just wanted to thank you for a perfect evening," I told him as I entwined my fingers in his. "I really enjoyed my time with you a lot."

I looked at him, he smiled his heart-melting, head-spinning, happy-to-his-toes smile and gave my hand a squeeze before letting it go to turn a corner.


Dreams like that make me actually want to sleep more. It's wonderful to have such a supportive and compassionate dream lover and a dream best friend who is alive and well.

Right now, I wish I could go back to bed.
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.