Blizzards and winds of change

I feel something coming.

Not sure what it is but something is coming in faster and more frightening than a winter storm.

The darkness is trying to hold my heart but my heart wants to squint in the sunlight again. I'm wishing to be free of this eternal night.


This is me, opening my door to the groundhog. Come, spring. Come, light and love. Come into my life and open my heart like the delicate flower it is. If only it were not such a delicate flower.

The door is open, now if I could just take a few steps out from behind it.

I've tried to join the dance of life many times before but always retreated to the wings to watch. I'm watching now. Craig is singing "Working Class Hero" at the Bean. It's nice to work while I listen and watch, just to know there is human contact out there for the partaking of, even from the wings.
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.