The highway or the lumpy way

The year that I was born Edward Asselbergs invented the first instant food. That's right, instant food.


"Edward Asselbergs developed the first powdered instant fish, cheese and meat in Ottawa," says Valerie Wyatt in the Kids Book of Canadian Firsts.


"The new foods were not a hit – they were lumpy and hard," she says. "Asselbergs solved the problem by adding instant potatoes, which he also invented."


Also in the year I was born, and a few weeks after my birthday of June 22, The Trans-Canada Highway was officially opened.

A box of instant mashed potatoes to the first person who correctly guesses the year I was born… anyone who already knows is disqualified, though.

A bonus box of instant mashed potatoes is on its way to Canadian Mark for putting me on The Premium Canadian Blogs poll.

Thanks Mark.

Here I am going off-topic again, but you're never on MSN anymore!

I've been assigned the task of tracking down the Champions gang for chargen/general discussion. Any chance you're available ce soir?
Okay, so in 1961 he invented the food and in 1962 is was sold.

I say 1961 :)

I LOVE contests!
If Her Highnessness said it, then it must be so.

I would like one of those Lipton Side-Kick packs with the little gravy packet attached, for my bonus pack. MmmMmm...gravy.
I love mashed potatoes. And it never fails - I'm always disqualified from the get-go. At least I passed the drug-test this time.
Umm... do I win? I mean, I'm the least competitive, so that means I win, right? MMMmmmmm Yumi, what an AWESOME supper.... Told you I win.
Love you!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Mar 26, 01:20:00 a.m.  
A gentleman never asks or speculates about a lady's age, and neither will I.

It's a little late for the Champions thing now, so please just let me know if you're interested or not. I still can't seem to find a relevant email addy for you, so reply here or phone me when I'm not in rehearsal. This goes for all those who were invited. If you don't have my contact info, you know who does.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Mar 26, 01:23:00 a.m.  
BTW, my gaming blog is at http://gm-p-k.livejournal.com/
Okay, Queen of Light and Joy, you may be right while the book I was looking at was wrong. In my book, Wyatt says Asselburgs invented instant food in 1962. The Trans Canada Highway definitely opened officially in 1962, though.

Tell you what, give me a time and place to drop your potatoes and I'll call you a winner. Heck, potatoes or not, you're a WINNER!

Mark, I love gravy too. Just can't eat it. Other people find it very amusing when I eat it though. I break out in a rash and they can play connect the dots on my neck.

If you and Les are going to be home today, I'll drop your Side-Kick and her potatoes (just because she likes them and passed her drug test) on my way back from harassing Jim Loney at the airport.
YAH! I won! I LOVE contests!

You can drop my prize of at my ART SHOW on APRIL 19th at the ART GALLERY!
Erishkegal

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I went off to work after posting my blog and fell into bed when I got back about 11 p.m.
Queen of Light and Joy is having an art show!!! Yippee! Happy dance!

May I have your bio and a picture so I can do an advancer for the show in SooToday.com?

Email them to me, or better yet, email me so I can send you my phone numbers and do a quick phone interview some time in the next two weeks.

I'm excited. A Queen of Light and Joy art show! At the Gallery! Holy wow. And, isn't Michael a sweetheart!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Mar 26, 12:02:00 p.m.  
I'll be in your end of town on other business this afternoon. See my blog for details. We can make something up if you'd like.
That would have been fun but I will be sitting at the airport most of the afternoon waiting for Mr. Loney to arrive.

I'll log on to MSN when I get back, though, and try again to add your email there.

§
Thank you so much for doing an "advancer" on Soo today, much appreciated!! *big smile*

So, I'll send you all of the information at your email address on www.Sootoday.com?

Wait, I just found your phone number.

I'll have my people call your people. *wink*
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.