Desperately seeking Blog Fodder

So there we were wandering around in Wally World hoping for a dimension door to come suck us out of this world and through the looking glass when suddenly there was a voice in the air saying, 'It is now 9:50 p.m. WalMart will be closing in 10 minutes. Please bring your purchases to the checkout and thank you for shopping at WalMart. We will re-open at 8 a.m. tomorrow.'

'Who the hell is in WalMart at closing time, anyway,' was my thought. "What sort of a loser is wandering aimlessly through a WalMart store at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night? Pitiful!"

Turns out the only ones wandering around WalMart at 10 p.m. were me and three people I knew.

But the REALLY sad thing about that is me blogging about it! ROTFLMAO

And now for the real entry...


Nova's birthday party was a blast. She and six of her best friends had a great time in playland, eating cake and playing games.

They got awesome loot bags and cool toys as well as their favourite foods.


Nova got all the best stuff, a major haul! Strawberry shortcake jammies, two Barbie dolls and a boy Bratz toy. (Yeah, a boy toy... my SIX year old got a boy toy for her birthday!). She got a tonne and a half of pink clothes and jewelry as well as two pair of pink sandals.

The best thing about birthday at McDonald's is no mess, no fuss. I had fun too.

Well, that would be the best thing from my point of view. Nova's favorite thing was making a sunday and touring the staff area at McDonald's.

Okay, I was feeling kind of inadequate having my kid's party at McDonald's. But just before the party I was chatting with Emily Richard who said she had her older son's last birthday party there.

I guess if it's okay for Emily, it's okay for us.

And, as I said, Nova had a very fun day. She and her friends nearly hugged me to death and they all kept thanking me for bringing them to McDonald's.

I'm glad everybody had a Happy Nova's birthday... how come you didn't play in the ball-pit, Shria?!

Ky got so into the Bratz thing that it frightens me... she still lines them all up, changes the "feets" and takes pics and video of them. Does Nova have all the Bratz "Thing-Things", too? Pet shop, beauty salon, Rock stage... geez, we need a new room for all the stuff. At least there's no shortage of gift ideas when the time comes, but I don't remember being quite this manic about Barbie...
Sadly, there are no more balls in the ball pit. I guess I will have to learn to live without balls.

Nova's thing is pets. She loves and has a bunch of the Bratz cats and dogs. She also has a few of the Bratz dolls but unless they have a puppy or a kitty on them, she really isn't interested.

What Nova really wanted for her birthday was a white rat. We found a cage full of the very friendly girls at the pet store in the mall and one of them fell in love with Nova. She (the rat) kept climbing in Nova's sleaves and up her arms to wrap herself around Nova's neck and put little rodent kisses on her cheek.

I would have dearly loved to take that fluffy sweet thing home with me too but Ami couldn't overcome her aversion to the critter. Instead I let the voice of mom speak out and said 'We already have enough pets in our house.'

I'm still thinking about it though. Maybe I'll go back there for my birthday and see if she is still there. That tiny white bundle of sweetness and love was a balm for my lonely soul. If I find her there and bring her home, I'll call her Morgan. Nova, Morgan and I will be happy anyway. Dana and Cooper are indifferent, Ami and Neimo could get used to it.

Okay, back to reality. Nope. No rats for us.
Ky is saving up for a rat, believe it or not. She thinks they're cool, and the rule here is that if she can cover the cost of feeding and housing the thing and does all the "dirty work", then she can buy one. It worked for hamsters, anyway. It's the cage she has to save up for, as it appears that most life is cheap at the pet store, so I don't know how long it will take her, but I'm sure she'll be happy to have Nova come over and snuggle (gag) the rodents once she pulls it off.
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.