To tan or not to tan

The question I face at this moment in time is probably more of an avoidance issue than a real question, but here it is, none-the-less.

Should I go to a tanning salon?


Why would I? Because I won't be out where people can see me in a bathing suit to get a natural tan but would like a little colour for the summer.

I also like to lay in the warm tanning bed and relax. It's probably the only place I can actually relax. I think I allow myself to relax there because I know it is for no more than 20 minutes. The thing I find most weird about tanning is that I can be naked and relax. Probably because I am laying in a coffin-like structure and can't raise my head to see myself, even if I were inclined to open my eyes. I do find myself making sure the door is locked at least three times before taking my clothes off, though.


Why wouldn't I? Because it costs money I could be spending on less frivolous things, because I have to go there without makeup on and someone might see me like that and because it might be bad for my skin.


Well, the bad for skin thing actually means nothing to me. I am virtually immune to the sun and hardly ever burn. Even when I've spent hours in the midday sun without sunscreen I was a little pink and it faded to brown by morning. I'm much more likely to faint from heat stroke long before I get a sun burn. Being in the sun usually gives me a headache.

I'm the one with the long-sleeved, long-legged bathing suit. I don't think you should tan: not on the beach, not in a "bed", not out of a jar. I think it's bad. BAD.

Pale is Pretty.
So we have one vote for pretty in pale.

My only problems with pale is that it makes me look fatter and that people keep asking me if I'm sick.

There are greater problems in life though. I suppose the question of tan or not to tan pales in comparison to other larger ones.

LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist!
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.