Two things today

Thing one

The art show from Algoma University College's graduating fine arts students was fabulous. Nova and I went on Saturday and she was so inspired she wanted to stop at the Dollar Store on the way home and pick up stuff to make art with.

She picked out about $20 worth of little bird, butterflies, ribbon, stickers and such. Then, when we got home, she got right to work. She worked on the floor behind my chair as I worked on the computer in the kitchen. She kept asking me how to spell things like 'I love mom'. It was very cool.

I have an idea for an art project for all of us. We have a wall that cries out for something from the family. We'll keep you posted.

Thing two

Dreams again

Early this morning I dreamed of rabbits and ducks in an office building.

After waking for nothing at 4:56 a.m. and watching the clock through to 5:55 a.m. I finally fell asleep again for an hour or so until the girls got up for school.

I dreamed that he and I were going to the Island on some task and going to be there over night. It was cancelled as we were in transit and we ended up in an office building when he decided to come to my place for the night instead and we got lost along the way.

That's where I found the ducks and bunny rabbits typing out mathematical formulas on computers and tending to nests that had strange shiny eggs and human excrement in them.

I just wanted to get back in the car and find my way to Keys Street so I could take him home with me before he changed his mind. That's when I awoke again at 6:54 a.m.

By the way, I found the nightmare BunnyDuck graphic here.

I LOVE it whe children are inspired! LOVE IT! The world is good when that happens. Which where her favs?
Nova liked the dancers, especially the ones on pink backgrounds. She also liked the waves and said she thought the big picture of the lady looked like me.

She was inspired by the series of small oils that had little birds on some of them and went to the dollar store specifically to find those birds with peacock feathers on them.

On Sunday, Nova told me she wanted to go back to the gallery because she had forgotten some of her ideas and was disappointed when I told her the show was finished. I think I may take her to the photography exhibit at Loplop for her birthday.

I can just see her at age 20... "For my sixth birthday I went to a play and an art gallery with mom. Oh yeah, we also had a party somewhere later."

Shortly I'll add a shot of her work to this entry.

Yeah, I'm proud of her! *blush*
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.