Well, it's that time again

Last year I totally forgot my birthday until I got pulled over for not renewing the sticker on my license plate.

This year I dropped a few reminders that my birthday is coming up but expect the same as last year. A nice quiet dinner with my kids, parents and Ami followed by a work assignment.

I was going to go out and have fun like I did a couple years ago but no one is playing anywhere so, oh well.


On a brighter note, I bumped into a nice fellow at the Tim Horton's on Bay Street. Everyone was making such a fuss over him and he was kind enough to stop when he heard my friend Carmine wish me an early happy birthday.

"It's your birthday?" asked Mr. McGuinty.

"Well, not until Thursday, but yes - soon," I said.

"Well Happy Birthday, Carol. I enjoy your website very much," he said as he stepped around beside me. "Can we get a picture, please?"

And instantly about half a dozen flashes went off in my face. It was kind of fun to have the Premier wish me a happy birthday and ask for a picture with me. For that, I can stand still for a camera!
Copyright © 2006 Carol Martin.
All Rights Reserved.